Volunteers & Interns
Dedicated to Promoting Happy Mamas and Healthy Babies
Follow the orange link below to fill out our volunteer application form.
Volunteer Opportunities include:
- Helping with our educational events, webinars, trainings, conferences and symposium, health education classes, etc.
- Serving on our Board of Directors or Advisory Committee
- Offering Labor Doula or Postpartum Doula Support
- Offering mental health support for our clients
- Social media marketing and outreach
- General administrative support to Executive Director
- Fundraising, Event Planning
- Program Development and Evaluation
- Grant scouting and writing
- Academic Internships are available for high school seniors, undergraduate or graduate students in public health, health education, midwifery, nursing, psychology, maternal-child health, women’s studies, family life studies, child development, etc.
Annual Mother-Friendly Childbirth Symposium & MCH Advocate Awards Ceremony
Each year, we hold a conference for perinatal health professionals on topics which are relevant and timely for continuing education or practice.
We also hold a Maternal-Child Health Advocate Awards Ceremony to honor maternal-child health professionals who have made a significant contribution to transforming maternity care or improving maternal and infant health.
Trainings and Webinars
Provide administrative or logistical support. We offer training, webinars, courses and other learning and networking opportunities throughout the year.
Breastfeeding Peer Counselor Program
Provide lactation support to low income mothers receiving care at community clinics. Must have taken our
Breastfeeding Peer Counselor Training or a Lactation Educator Course through another organization. Certification not required. We encourage women of color and those with language capabilities in Spanish and Asian languages to apply.
Childbirth Educator Training Internship
Graduates of our Childbirth Education for Maternal Infant Health Workers Course or our Perinatal Support Specialist Course or who are currently enrolled in a childbirth educator certification program through ICEA or another organization may receive mentorship and student teaching opportunities through us and be trained and mentored to teach our original series, Empowered Birth Choices Natural Childbirth Preparation Curriculum.
It is the policy and commitment of Wholistic Midwifery School of Southern California DBA The Association for Wholistic Maternal and Newborn Health (WMSSC/AWMNH) that it does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability or religion. As an Equal Employment Opportunity Organization, we are committed to a policy of equal opportunity and does not discriminate in the terms, conditions, or privileges of involvement in our organization in any capacity on account of race, age, color, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender, religion or otherwise as may be prohibited by federal and state law.
Any employee, board member, volunteer or client who believes that s/he or any other affiliate of our organization who has been discriminated against is strongly encouraged to report this concern promptly to the Executive Director.