Pre-Conception Education & Birth Options Consultation
Women or couples who are trying to conceive in the near future or pregnant women and persons in their first trimester of pregnancy.
PURPOSE OF THE CONSULTATION
This class will provide women and couples trying to conceive or expectant parents with everything they need to know about their childbirthing options, such as choosing the place of birth and type of birth attendant, so they can manifest the birth they desire.
Due to Covid-19, these sessions are occurring on Zoom. Private consultation is 90 minutes and includes resources.
Regular Rate: $150 for 90 minute session ($100 per hour).
Low-Income Rate: $75 for 90-minute session ($50 per hour).
Free for Medi-Cal
Pay for session: http://paypal.me/awmnh
BIRTH OPTIONS CONSULTATION AND PRECONCEPTION COUNSELING
Learn about your options for childbirth:
- Choosing the Birth Attendant: Midwife or Doctor?
- To Doula or not to Doula? That is the question.
- Epidural or Natural Childbirth?
- Home Birth
- Birth Centers
- Breastfeeding vs. Bottle-Feeding
- Placenta Options: Burial, Hospital Disposal or Encapsulation
- Conscious conception, joyful pregnancy, pleasurable birth and sacred birth;
- Preconception lifestyle choices to optimize fertility;
- How to prepare for conscious conception and normal birthing;
- Learn about spiritual preparation for conscious conception and sacred birthing;
- Learn how your family history can determine your unborn baby’s future health–and what to do about it;
- Insurance reimbursement for out-of-hospital birth;
- How complications and emergencies are handled in out-of-hospital settings;
- Who is a good candidate for out-of-hospital birth;
- Referrals to midwives, doctors, birth centers and doulas
WANT TO LEARN MORE?
Sign up for our group class, Empowered Birth Choices Natural Childbirth Preparation Class. Also, Private Sessions are available. Currently offered on Zoom, due to Coronavirus.
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO REGISTER
Elsie Gutierrez, Manager of Community Programs
Phone: (626) 388-2191 (ext. 2) or Elsie.Gutierrez@motherbabysupport.net
Submit the Birth form
BIRTH PLANNING RESOURCES
Birth Planning Values Clarification Exercise: Take this survey to determine what’s important to you about your birth experience and medical provider. Download PDF
Downloads from Improving Birth Coalition:
“Questions to Ask When Choosing A Care Provider”
“Highlights of the Evidence Supporting Mother-Friendly Childbirth”