Fathers Support Group
A DISCUSSION AND SUPPORT GROUP FOR EXPECTANT FATHERS AND NEW DADS
Meets 2nd Saturday of each month from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm (Live on Zoom).
Free of Charge. All men are welcome. RSVP required.
Download Flyer (PDF)
DOWNLOAD FLYER (PDF)
Fatherhood: Its the hardest job you’ll ever love”
PAPA JOSEPH SHARES HIS EXPERIENCE OF HIS WIFE’S TRAUMATIC BIRTH
Need a Doula? E-mail us or Call: (626) 388-2191 ext. 2
ABOUT THE SUPPORT GROUP
These support and discussion groups are informal sessions for expectant and new fathers. It will provide a safe and supportive space FOR MEN ONLY to share trials and tribulations of fatherhood with other men. The group is facilitated by an experienced dad. Open to fathers of all ethnic backgrounds, ages and occupations, gender identities and sexual orientations.
- Giving Birth During Covid-19
- Preventing Preterm Labor: The Father’s Role
- Pregnant Father Emotions
- Coping with New Parent Stress
- Emotional Support of Pregnant Women and Persons: What you need to know
- Labor Support Methods for Partners
- Preparing for Birth: Father’s Role
- Sibling Preparation: Getting Kids Ready for Sibling
- Birth Planning: Making Informed Choices
- Tips for Communicating with Medical Providers
- Being an Advocate for the Pregnant Woman or Person During Childbirth
- Supporting Labor and Delivery: Partner’s Role
- Father’s Role in Supporting Breastfeeding/Chestfeeding Mother or Partner
- Caring for Newborn: What New Dads Need to Know
- Infant Care Planning: Newborn Procedures Pros & Cons
- Becoming A Dad: Challenges and Joys
- Self-Care for New Fathers/Parents
- Pregnant women/persons sexuality During Pregnancy & Post-Baby
Due to Covid-19 this group will meet live on Zoom.
HOW TO REGISTER
For more information, or to register, contact:
Elsie Gutierrez, Manager of Community Programs
Email: Elsie Gutierrez | Call: 626-388-2191 Ext 2
To learn about the Mother Support Group, go here.